SPONSOR–Calling all sponsors!
“Sponsorship is two people with the same problem helping each other to work the program. It can provide a framework for a sexual recovery plan and for doing the Twelve Steps, and can bring emotional support at difficult times.”
BE OF SERVICE,
BE AN OUT-OF-MEETING SPONSOR!
The Inreach Committee of the SCA International Service Organization (ISO) is setting up an out-of-meeting sponsor pool for SCA members worldwide who are in need of sponsorship. This is a great way to do service and carry the message to those members who are in countries, cities and places where there are limited or no face-to-face SCA meetings, or to loners and isolated meetings. Contact can be by telephone, mail, email, Skype and internet messaging services!
If you are interested in providing distance sponsorship and helping another member to work the program, please supply the following information:
- First Name and Last Name Initial
- City and Country of Residence
- Postal address and/or email address
- Phone number (optional) – indicate best time to call/restrictions
- Languages – spoken or written, plus degree of fluency
- Background details – time in recovery, areas of familiarity e.g. sexual anorexia, internet addiction etc., other recovery programs, will sponsor men, women or both, preferred method of communication, other pertinent details.
- Any questions that you may have.
Send details by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR by mail to:
SCA Inreach Committee
P.O. Box 1585, Old Chelsea Station
New York, N.Y. 10011
NOTE: Your contact information will only be given to SCA members that request a sponsor via the SCA Inreach Committee Sponsor List. SCA members worldwide are welcome to put their names on the list and become an out-of-meeting sponsor.
“Service is a way of helping ourselves by helping others.”