800 Number Responders
Please note change in requiremants
If you have at least 6 months in Program, you are eligible to serve as a responder to the calls for help that come in on our 800 number. This service involves retrieving the calls, two days a week, and making an appropriate response.
If you are interested, please contact Joe S, Outreach Committee Chair
347 420 0100
As previously mentioned, Google is now selling electronic versions of SCA literature.
Their preliminary name was Google Editions, but they are now using the brand Google eBookstore. The address is google.com/ebooks — search for Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
It is currently limited to access only from within the United States.
You’ll note that the pamphlets are 99 cents each, while the Little Blue Book is discounted to $4.93.
The following titles are available:
Registration is open for New York Intergroup’s winter retreat, to be held Feb. 11-13. This is the weekend BEFORE President’s Day weekend.
|The Winter Retreat
The Incarnation Center
- February 11-13th, 2011. 2 nights, 3 days – Friday to Sunday.
- Topic: An Introduction to Steps 7,8,9. Note: Having reached these Steps not required! There will be recovery workshops, games, plust plenty of quiet time.
- The Incarnation Center
is a beautiful quiet retreat facility off in the woods near Ivoryton,
CT. It has a petting zoo nearby with lots of cool farm animals (llamas,
alpacas, etc.). Also roaring stone fireplaces and a beautiful lake just
down the hill with hiking trails surrounding it.
- The food is great, with all your meals provided for. Vegetarian meals available on request
- All persons have their own private room (shared bathrooms).
- There is limited space, so send in your registration quickly.
- Transportation to/from by coordinated Metro North train & chartered bus. (Or carpool)
- Very reasonably priced ($200 is all-inclusive: covering everything but your round-trip Metro North train ticket if traveling with the group.
- Contact person: Steve A.
The winter retreat is a wonderful time to huddle around the
roaring stone fireplaces and take walks down to the lake. A relaxed,
For information on retreats, please email:
Or visit the New York Intergroup website at http://scany.org/retreats.html