9/23 How do you chose your sponsor? What are your and their’s expectations?
Please submit your Thoughts, Feelings or Experiences about this question to the e-mail address below. You can also submit a SCA related article, poem, post or etc. to be considered for publication to the same address:
“Breaking Out of Isolation”
Held on Zoom & Free of Charge
Sign Up and Register:
How to Handle a Zoom Bombing:
(uninvited participants disrupting and vandalizing the virtual meeting room)
Recommended Best practices:
- Each meeting secretary should claim the host responsibilities by entering a host key or pin as soon as they log into the meeting.
- Ask someone to serve as a CO-HOST and make that person a co-host. It’s helpful for regular chairing activities (such as for re-muting people who forget to do that) and also you will need the help FAST if a “Zoom Bomb” situation comes up. Here are some recommendations on how to handle a “Zoom Bomb”:
- Enable the waiting room feature-it is located in the “Security” icon which appears after host is claimed.
- The hosts needs to accept those in the waiting room to enter the zoom meeting.
- Anyone can be removed from a Zoom meeting by clicking on their name and remove them or send them back to the waiting room.
IF A MEETING CHOOSES NOT TO HAVE A WAITING ROOM:
- SUSPEND PARTICIPANT ACTIVITIES by clicking on the “Security” tab on the Zoom toolbar. Then Click on the red “SUSPEND PARTICIPANT ACTIVITIES” button at the bottom of the drop-down menu. Then Click on SUSPEND – This will:
a. Lock the meeting so no one new can enter.
b. Enable the waiting room.
c. Hide profile pictures.
d. Disable Share Screen.
e. Disable Chat.
f. Disable the ability for people to rename themselves.
g. Disable the ability for people to unmute themselves.
h. Disable the ability for people to turn on their video
- Open the participants list, SELECT DISRUPTIVE PEOPLE, click “MORE” and then “Put in Waiting Room.” We recommend this over “Report” or “Remove” people as you may be moving quickly and don’t want to accidentally report or remove a fellow from entering the meeting again
- ENABLE PARTICIPATION ACTIVITIES ONCE AGAIN
Once the room seems clear of uninvited participants, you need to click on “Security” again and:
a. Unlock the Room (click “Lock Room” to uncheck it).
b. Allow Profile Pictures (click to uncheck it).
c. LEAVE THE WAITING ROOM TURNED ON FOR THIS MEETING.
d. Turn on Chat (click “Chat” and a checkmark will appear).
e. Turn on Rename Themselves (click “Rename Themselves” and a checkmark will appear).
f. Turn on Unmute Themselves (click “Unmute Themselves ” and a checkmark will appear).
g. Turn on Start Video (click “Start Video” and a checkmark will appear).
- You may ask all remaining participants to start their video to verify they are intended participants in the room.
- Report the Zoom Bombing to your Intergroup via email. Please include details (meeting, time, when the zoom bombing began, and other relevant information.) More information is available here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360041848151
The 2021 Los Angeles Convention will take place via zoom on President’s Day weekend.
February 12th – 14th
The weekend will start with our Friday evening 6:30 meeting.
Saturday will include meetings, workshops and a zoom social.
Our weekend will conclude with our Sunday morning meeting.
The cost to attend the weekend events will be free.
More information will follow on our website.
Registration for the 2020 New Year Retreat will be opened on September 21, 2019
December 27 – 29, 2019
Mount Calvary Retreat HouseSanta Barbara, CA
***PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING COMPLETELY FIRST BEFORE CLICKING A RESERVE LINK BELOW:
By clicking one of the links below, a new window (or tab) will open and you will be redirected to the PayPal website to pay for your registration.After you have completed your payment you should be redirected back to a form on this website where we will collect some additional information.If, after completing payment using one of the links below, you are not automatically redirected, please close the PayPal tab to return to this page and click here to complete your registration.
STEP 1, Select an option below:
*$5 is added to the cost to defray the PayPal transaction fee.
New SCA Conditionally Approved Literature
“The Promises” has now been printed and is being distributed to various intergroups, meetings and individuals. Members are encouraged to read it and make comments and suggestions for the Literature Development Committee to consider and/or incorporate into their recommendations for ISO approval.
SCA Los Angeles will be hosting an outreach booth at LA Pride June 8th & 9th.
Community outreach booths will be located on Santa Monica Blvd between San Vicente and Robertson outside of the paid festival section @ “Pride on the Boulevard”.
Booth will be open from 12pm – 7pm both days!
Everyone is welcome to visit or help support our efforts to carry the message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Registration is now open for the 2019 SCA Los Angeles 30th Anniversary Convention: Fellowship of the Spirit.
Click here to register.